PRP & MICRONEEDLING
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
For a minimum of 5 hours after the PRP has been applied to your skin, do NOT: wash your skin, expose the treated area(s) to direct high heat, or engage in activities that will get you wet or cause you to sweat (e.g. blow dryer, sun exposure, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, very hot shower, hot yoga, strenuous exercise, etc.) Starting on the evening of the treatment, wash your face gently with a mild cleanser twice daily followed by the application of hyaluronic acid and rose water spray.
WHAT TO DO/NOT DO
Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness.
Avoid sun exposure for 3 days and if possible 10 days. Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
When exposed to the sun, always use sunscreen SPF 30 or above every 2 hours.
You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
Use a clean pillowcase for 3 nights following your procedure.
Clean all your makeup brushes, glasses, or anything that will touch your face.
Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days) after the peel.
Eat fresh pineapple to optimize healing.
Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores.
Restart your regular skincare regimen in 48 hours and Retin-A in 72 hours.
Recommend follow-up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3–5 treatments.
3 DAYS BEFORE
• Minimize or avoid alcohol consumption.
• If possible, refrain from or minimize smoking prior to your procedure as it impacts the healing process.
• You may continue other hair loss treatments such as laser treatment, minoxidil, or hormone-blocking tablets before your procedure. If you are not sure if you should be stopping a medication, please ask.
• It is ok to color your hair up to 7 days before the procedure.
DIET AND FLUID INTAKE:
INCREASE YOUR INTAKE OF FLUID THE DAY BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE BY SIMPLY DRINKING 2 GLASSES OF WATER IN THE MORNING, 2 GLASSES AT LUNCH, AND 2 GLASSES AT DINNER, IN ADDITION TO YOUR NORMAL INTAKE OF WATER.
PRP HAIR RESTORATION
7 DAYS BEFORE
• Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids, and multivitamins, a minimum of 7 days (preferably 14 days) prior to treatment. It is fine to continue iron and vitamin D.
• If you are taking any blood thinners, please let your provider know immediately, as they may represent a contraindication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin, and Heparin.
• Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren, and other anti-inflammatory medications. We want inflammation to occur – as this is one mechanism by which PRP works.
• You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
• Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
• If you are taking broad beta-blockers such as Inderal (Propranolol), please inform your provider as this medication may need to be changed to a select beta-blocker in advance of the treatment.
• Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure.